There are a multitude of things to consider:
Vinyl Frame Windows - These frames are typically the least expensive and usually can't be painted and most commonly are offered in white.
Aluminum Frame Windows
- Where these frames are fairly a new option, these do provide the most durability and can usually be painted but it's not necessary.
If you are replacing windows in an existing home, you need to decide if you want to keep the frame style the same as the previously hung windows or if you want to change them all. With a new construction or remodel, the choice is yours!
Casement Style Windows
- These windows are hinged on the side instead of the middle of the glass providing you with an unobstructed view.
Single Hung Windows
- The bottom part of the window is the only one that is functional, leaving the top part of the glass in place.
Double Hung Windows
- This option provides movement of both the upper and lower sections of the window and are ideal for cleaning.
Awning Style Windows
- The top part of the window is hinged leaving the window to open outward.
Hopper Style Windows
- Hinged at the bottom, these windows can open inwardly or outwardly.
- These windows don't open as they are used only for light, not any type of ventilation.
And Many More...
Sometimes when choosing the right windows, you might choose a different style of window depending on the area of the home. If you have questions, we have answers. Give us a call today to see how we can help!